Monday, June 22, 2015

And that's a wrap...

I have such mixed emotions as I sit here and write my last blog entry for the 2014-2015 school year. On one hand I am super excited for some time off to relax, go away on vacation, read books, and spend the next 8 1/2 weeks with my kids and husband. However; on the other hand, I am so sad to see this school year come to an end! When friends or family would ask me, throughout the year, how school was going or ask me how my class was I immediately had a smile on my face and that's because that is exactly what your children put on my face each and every day of the school year. I would joke with people and say that this year's class is much like Halley's Comet...in other words, it doesn't come around very often! The end of this school year marks my (cough, cough) 19th group of students, as a teacher, since I graduated college and I can honestly say that this class this year is one in a million. Don't get me wrong, I have had many other great classes and many, MaNy, MANY amazing students over these past 19 years, but there is just something about this class! They worked so well together, were kind, enjoyed being at school, respected one another, and LOVED to learn! I am so proud of each of their accomplishments and I look forward to seeing them in the hallways during the rest of their time at JA and watching them grow, as an observer. I hope you all have a wonderful summer and THANK YOU for raising an amazing group of children!

 

No comments: