Friday, March 11, 2016

Week in Review ~ March 7th - 11th

I hope everyone had a great week...it was another busy one in K2! Today at morning meeting we realized that there are only 60 school days left until summer vacation!

This week in ELA we talked about how we take care of different animals. We also talked about what animals make good pets and which ones do not. Our vocabulary words were responsibility, train, depend, compared, and social. We worked on the letters Gg and Ww and introduced the sight words of and they. We listened to the story "The Birthday Pet", and "The Perfect Pet." In learning centers we wrote about what we need to do to take care of pets, sorted pictures by their initial sounds, looked around the room for words with Gg and Ww. Today the K2ers came home with the instructions for their animal habitat project. I look forward to seeing their finished products.

In math we continued working in Topic 8 focusing in on decomposing 6, 7, 8 and 9. Ask your child if they remember what it means to decompose numbers! We also worked a little bit on fluency with our math facts within 5. I hope that you have found the flash cards I sent home mid-week to be helpful.

Enjoy your weekend...looks like it is going to be a beautiful one. I know I am enjoying this beautiful spring weather. I hope you are as well!

 

 

No comments: