Monday, September 28, 2015

Week in Review ~ September 21st - 25th

Last week was a jammed pack week in K2! In ELA we finished up our three week "Start Smart" by finishing introducing the rest of the letters of the alphabet. We reviewed the sight words can, I and introduced what a syllable is. We talked about counting the syllables in a word and how a syllable is a syllable if you can hear a vowel sound. They did a great job counting the syllables in words. We also practiced with some lowercase letter formation and wrote in our journals with the prompt "I can help..."

In Math we finished up Topic 1 titled "Numbers 0-5." We talked about all the different ways the number 5 can be broken up into two parts such as 2 and 3, 3 and 2, 4 and 1, and 1 and 4. We are currently finishing up with the Topic Assessment. Once they have all completed it and I have corrected them, I will send them home for you to look over. Next, we are moving onto Topic 2 which is all about Comparing Numbers 0 to 5.

 

 

I apologize for the delay in getting out the Week in Review for last week. My life as a "Hockey Mom" was in full swing this past weekend. Luckily we were able to squeeze in a trip to the apple orchard to do some apple picking, though. It was definitely the perfect weather for it!

I hope you all had a great weekend as well!

 

No comments: